Welcome. The office of the Property Appraiser consist of 38 dedicated and talented staff responsible for the annual assessment of 173,000 real property parcels and over 35,000 tangible personal property accounts. Lake County is located in Central Florida; approximately 30 minutes north of downtown Orlando and 45 minutes to area theme parks and international airports. With a population of 312,000, the county contains over 1,400 lakes, tremendous boating and fishing activities, outdoor nature and sporting opportunities, beautiful hilly terrain, world class art festivals, great small towns, and one of the country’s largest motorcycle rallies. To learn more, visit www.visitlakefl.com
We appreciate your interest in pursuing career opportunities with the Lake County Property Appraiser’s Office. We offer our employees competitive wages, great benefits and a dynamic, energetic, and supportive working environment.
The Lake County Property Appraiser is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
The Property Appraiser is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from the effects of drug and alcohol abuse. Applicants and employees are subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
A completed application for employment must be submitted to be considered for employment. Only applications containing an original signature are accepted. A resume may be submitted along with an application. Faxed, emailed, and other non-original copies of applications will not be accepted. For any posted position, applications must be postmarked by the closing date to be considered. Positions are subject to close without notice.
Mail or hand deliver applications to:
Customer Care Specialist Trainee
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
Rate of Pay:
$24,004 annually or $12.31 per hr. at initial hire.
$24,999 or $12.82 per hr. following successful completion of 180 day probationary period
Office of the Lake County Property Appraiser. 320 W. Main St. Tavares, FL. 32778
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
This is an entry level customer care and assistance position providing information and care to a wide array of individuals and businesses seeking information from the Property Appraiser’s office. This position provides assistance by telephone, in person and via other correspondence in response to request and inquires on property data, exemptions, and proposed taxes. During seasonal non-peak periods, this position assists other internal departments with a wide variety of administrative and clerical tasks. The following functions, duties and qualifications are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required or assigned as deemed necessary by the Property Appraiser or his designee.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Answer incoming phone calls and forward calls as needed to appropriate staff.
- Provide care to customers obtaining property information such as ownership, addresses, value and millage data, exemptions, proposed taxes, maps or other property related characteristics or direct customers accordingly to other available resources.
- Provide care to customers filing applications for homestead and other exemptions.
- Provide assistance with other projects related to mail and scanning of documents.
- Performs other duties as assigned and must participate in departmental cross-training, job-sharing and job duty reorganization efforts as directed by supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION
- Must possess a high school diploma or the equivalent. A minimum of one year or more of clerical office experience or equivalent combination of related education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential job functions is desired.
- Must possess proficiency with standard office equipment. Should be familiar with and able to utilize personal computer for internet research and with standard office software including Microsoft Word, and Outlook.
- Must be capable of learning custom data entry applications, processes and procedures.
- Must exhibit a high level of accuracy in typing / data entry skills.
- Must be capable of communicating in a clear and pleasant telephone etiquette at all times. Must possess the personality and temperament necessary for working under stress in dealing with the public to provide outstanding customer care at all times.
- Must possess organizational skills; be self-motivated; capable of working independently with minimum supervision.
- Must possess ability to follow direction, make independent decisions, and solve mathematical problems involving value, millage and taxes.
- Must be capable of demonstrating full proficiency of all essential job functions following a training period or a timeline provided by management.
Work Environment and Stipulations of Employment
The work environment for this position is a general office setting. The incumbent performs most duties sitting at a desk, table or workstation.
Employees of the Lake County Property Appraiser shall not either for gratis or for compensation engage in any licensed real estate activities such as, but not limited to, buying, selling or acting as a broker for others; appraise property inside Lake County; sell LCPA computerized database information; engage in any outside assessment / appraisal computer programming or consulting. Furthermore, employees and members of their household may not own or hold financial interest in an assessment / appraisal business.
At Will Statement
Employment at the Lake County Property Appraiser's Office is on an "at-will" basis. It may be terminated at any time, with or without cause by either the employee or employer. It is not guaranteed, contracted or promised for any length of time. No person other than the Lake County Property Appraiser has the authority to alter the at-will status of your employment or to enter into any employment contract with you. The Lake County Property Appraiser reserves the right to change, amend or revoke rates of pay, terms and conditions of your employment and job offers at any time.
View detailed job listing and full list of Requirements and Job Functions
Download Applicaton for Appointment Form
If you have applied with the Property Appraiser in the prior 12 months, there is no need to reapply; your prior application will be considered for this position.
Download the free Adobe Reader
in order to view the PDF documents.